Monday, March 6, 2017

The Great Pursuit (Eurona Dulogy #2) By: Wendy Higgins


Ok so I need to start this thing off by saying a huge thank you to John over at AFK books and of course Wendy Higgins for getting this ARC out to me.
Both of you are absolutely amazing and I can't thank you enough.

Ok so just so everyone is aware... I am totally a Wendy Higgins fangirl hehe
I think I've read all her books but UNKNOWN (Just haven't had the time with the ARC's that needed to be read)
But every book I've read from her has been amazing, and I have to say I just adore Wendy as  a person, and not just her great stories.
She is by far one of the most personable authors I've met, and is an absolute Sweetie to her readers (Pun intended ha!)
But seriously. I've had the opportunity to meet Wendy twice now. Once back when Sweet Reckoning was coming out...


 and then again at Apollycon 2016 back last February. (Actually Wendy was the first author I ever went to a book signing for, so that's always something cool I think too)


But seriously. Both times I meet her she was amazingly nice and really open to talk with.

Her books also kinda have a special place for me too though. I'm sure if you follow enough of my blog posts an/or FB posts you see that whenever someone mentions a go to book or a first YA read I talk about Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Like were talking way back seven or eight years ago when I first realized there were paranormal books for teens in the world)
And while that book was the very start of my love for the genre... I really didn't find out how much I loved books like that till several years later when I accidentally stumbled across Jen Armentrout's Lux series and Wendy's Sweet series. (I have to add that I begged my library for months to get them both before finally caving and buying the Ebooks. They were my escape after moving states and starting over at a new college) I found both series pretty much back to back (I wanna say a little after Sweet Peril came out) and fell in love with the two series that I used them to find a ton of recommendations to other YA fantasy/paranormal books.




 In The Great Pursuit, the dramatic sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Great Hunt, Wendy Higgins delivers another thrilling fantasy filled with dangerous enemies, political intrigue, searing romance, and a princess who is willing to do everything to protect her kingdom.  
One hunt has ended, but the pursuit for love and justice continues.
The kingdom of Lochlanach has traded the great beast that once terrorized the realm of Eurona for something far more dangerous: the ire of powerful Lashed woman Rosaria Rocato. Rosaria demands that Eurona overturn the laws prohibiting magic, or an innocent will be killed each day.
Despite the king’s resistance, Princess Aerity believes they must make peace with the Lashed, and though she’s accepted a betrothal to the man who took down the beast, she cannot help thinking about Paxton, the Lashed man who stole her heart and disappeared.
Aerity soon discovers that Paxton has joined Rosaria’s army in the war against her family. Though her feelings for him are still strong, her duty to her kingdom and her family is stronger—especially when her parents are kidnapped and she has to step up to the throne and once again put aside what’s best for her in order to do what’s best for her people. Paxton and Princess Aerity must fight to see what is more powerful: their love or the impending war between the magical Lashed and the non-magic humans.


There seriously needs to be an option to give a book 10 stars. 20 even!

Because this book was just so so good.

I have so much love for it. The great Hunt left me wondering so much,and I was literally counting down days until I could get a copy of this one in my hands.

And let me just say... Wendy absolutely blew me away. It was so good... And had so much action and mystery. The keep you on your toes as you read sort of kind too.





I adored Wendy's Sweet series and See Me. And absolutely loved The Great Hunt. So really I shouldn't be surprised that this one was any different.

I loved Wendy's spin on the old Grimm Brothers tale this series is based on, and found myself so wrapped up in this book.

I fought so hard to wait out reading it. knowing I had other ARC'S to get to and such.
but I just happened to have a few free days I hadn't expected, and so I dove back in. (I had been slowly sneaking in a chapter here and there since getting the book)


Once I started The Great Pursuit, I really couldn't stop though. and this weekend was pretty busy with my older sisters baby shower. But I still managed to spend all my time I should have been sleeping buried in the pages of this beautiful and creative world.
Wendy spun such a beautiful world and set of characters, and only managed to expand on that more in this. While we heard of the other lands in the previous book, we really got a chance to step into them, and see the beauty and amazingness of this complex mythical world.I got such a better understanding of how the lands were all set up and connected(Yes I know there's a map at the front of the book. It just gives you a better image when the characters are actually exploring it and taking you through it all though)

But seriously. I just couldn't put this one down (And believe me I tried so hard hehe)

You know when you read a book and it is just so amazingly written that you can picture everything so clearly, like a legit movie in your mind?
That's what this book did.
At the times I did put it down I had to remind myself I was reading a book and not planted in front of my TV or something. the story was that vivid and detailed.


Plus the characters in this book! oh man!! I probably shouldn't even get started on them right now hehe (it's like 2 AM and I have to be up at 7 for class)

But I fell so hard for almost every character Wendy wrote. (well maybe except the despicable baddies that is haha)

Obviously Pax and Harrison were my 2 fav guys. But I also found myself liking Leif and Tiern (though I liked the other Seabolt brother from the start of book 1 too)


And it wasn't just Pax's protective caring either. It was everything about him. How he was willing to do whatever it took to protect Aerity and the kingdom. and his fierceness about everything. I just found this brooding man so incredible kind and sweet at times. And one of those characters you know is truly good to the bone.

Same with Harrison actually. The guy just screamed "I must adore you" lol
His gentle kindness and fierce protectiveness. I loved them both so much.


But I also really enjoyed the girls in this book as well (*Gasp! I know. Me like female characters. no I'm not running a fever I promise ha!)

But you give me some fiery strong girls and heck yeah! I'm on board. 
But really, between Aerity, Vixie, and Wyneth, I had a serious girl crush.
They were so fun to get to read. And I know for sure that if these girls were real I would trust them with my life.
Talk about being the opposite of Damsels in Distress.
these 3 knew how to be strong and take care of themselves. and the way they were willing to lay it all on the line for their kingdom was pretty awe-inspiring.


All in all its safe to say I have nothing but good things to say about this book. I absolutely LOVE it (I need to start looking up synonyms for love, adore, and like I think hehe)

Also just let me add... Furball?? he was my favorite part forrealsies. I love that little beast so much!! I officially want one of my own hehe

That and that Wendy seriously knows how to wrote a bad guy. between the Dukes in the Sweet series and Rozaria and the others in this book.... I just I was quite impressed with the despicableness, and her ability to give me some bad guys that I seriously wanted to hate. and strangle. and maim. ya know. the good stuff haha

I give THE GREAT PURSUIT
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


No comments:

Post a Comment